Saturday, August 08, 2009

ONCE...not soo summer

It's 22C on a day and about 17C at nite. Yesterday, I walked 3 hours, all the major and minor roads...based on the map collected at the hotel. Regained my cyrillic which i planned to polish while i'm here.

I planned to go to the park today...spend some time reading...then look for some souveniers before head back to the hotel. Will be spending the nite in the hotel reading and polishing.

Had quite interesting experiences yesterday. In here, you might find money wrapped in plastic bag on the street. But, don't you ever...ever take it !!! Even if you see that it's dropped from the guy in-front of you. It's a scam ! If you take, and tried to return it to the guy, he will say there's another package and accused you of taking it. Then, a cop (his friend actually) will appear and they will start talking and you don't understand a word...the cop will asked for you passport and wallet...and they will take whatever in your wallet (since of course, you don't want the hassle to go to the police station in this foreign country).

It does happen to me that way yesterday. Someone suddenly walked besides me...then with a surprised expression, he collected the money. I just walked like no body's business and after a while i looked back. Nothing happen to him ! It happened twice. Either these guys are really lucky to walk away with those money...or they're part of it.

Another one, this guy talked to me and I only managed to pick-up "..cigarette..". So, I said I don't understand but here you go. You know what ? He repeated himself in English (that time he has held the cigarette and i'm ready to light it up for him). I said "it's fine..you can take it...". Then I get my ass out of there...

Well...hungry...makan time !!!

No comments: