Wednesday, May 11, 2011

ONCE...justifying business sense

Nowadays, it ain't easy to do sales. In MB, closing sales does not call for real celebration. The way we are measured, we have to follow thru till the end i.e. till project or contract closure. Sometimes, winning project give you more headache than pleasure.

Getting internal team to understand on why AM being so demanding is a tall order. I had one team telling me that my request does not bring lots of business sense for their investment. Out of curiosity, I'm wondering why do I have their team in play for that. Won't it be easier if I outsource the whole thing and manage it on my own ?

With such mentality exist in our organization, how can we excel and surpass all other competition ? It is the same like a golf swing. The rhythm of back-swing, weight transfer, down-swing and follow-thru..all has to be synchronize. If the body turn earlier than the time the clubhead reached the ball, you would have a terrible shot ! Hit it with the right foot, it'll go top and may just go few feet away.

To have a perfect shot, everything should be synchronized. Same here, mission statement was set but it was not ingrain in every soul within the organization.

The incident happen quite frequent to me and sometimes...I must say...it is really demoralizing.

No comments: