Thursday, April 02, 2009

ONCE...loosing my steam ?

This week has been really challenging.  From Mon till today...i know that late for meeting is not forgivable especially the kind of customer I'm managing (cardinal sin according to my HoS)...and late to come to project office is another.  Punctuality !

Tue, kinda down knowing the fact that I need to change.  As much as I hated it, I have no choice but to join the paradigm which is to 'cover your ass' and 'the hell with others as long as my ass is covered'.  Pretty fucked-up mentality but that's the reality.  It's hurt when all the good things that you've done...for years...gone just for one (I like to call it simple or silly) mistakes.  

Today, I really felt like loosing the steam.  If not for the interest of the customer and the nation on the project that I'm managing...I might have just walk-off.  Suddenly I'm seriously thinking about updating my resume and start flying it around.  I hate to do it...and hate to think about covering my ass first in doing my work...but once it has impacted my reputations...I guess I better do something before it is really to late.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

dude, u shoulda think bout that ass-covering since u started working :P.. 'the hell with others as long as my ass is covered' is TOTALLY wrong man! help others to cover their asses too, and in turn, God will help to cover urs.. Betol!!!

'Flying' ur resume around will definitely prove 'them' right but who cares, right? ;)
Reputation is major important and keep ur act together! U.c.a.n.d.o.i.t.!!!

Haizam said...

well...i know it's wrong...and the reason i didn't do my ass-covering exercise is because i do what i have to do for the organization..in fact, i've been helping others to cover their asses that mine are exposed...and these people suddenly didn't help me back...that's when i think i shd covering mine before others...