Sunday, June 19, 2011

ONCE...hours to kill at KKIA part 3

It was 1815 when I heard my name being called twice. I was so into Angry Bird at that time..so rushing to shutdown and chase the gate, I hold my bags on each shoulders and notebook at my hand, and rush to the gate...only to find that nobody was there !!! Have I missed my flight ?!!

I asked the PIC, he asked me, "Do you know that your flight delayed to 12 midnight ? Please go to Counter 10 to change your flight". So, I did and they suggested flight at 2120. I argued saying that I tried to change to earlier flight when I checked-in at 1430 but denied...and now to extend another 4 hours ? He said that at that time, the flights were not delayed yet...which after a while when I asked about reason for delay, he shared that there's a hole in the runway. It was closed for 2 hours in the morning, causing delays to all flights from morning. I just realized how contradicting the facts (when I want to change my flights) when I arrived in KLIA yesterday.

Anyhow, I almost screamed to him since I kinda spent almost half a day in KKIA. He looked puzzled and still reluctant to give me the 2120 boarding pass. He discussed with his colleague and after waiting for about 10 minutes (having a view of airasia's staff bending..but facing her, but her colleagues are having a really nice view though..and he smiled to me when he passed by..hahahaha), I got my boarding pass for 1855.

And again, I'm rushing to go back in and this time, Immigration asked me for the visitor's slip (or whatever-the-name-is). I told her that I checked-in earlier, and I just came back to change my flights. To make it 'better', they just changed shift ! So the guy that validate me has went back. Her officer asked to check the system, and then only I was cleared.

I've 15 minutes to catch the plane (as that's how the counter guy portrayed to me..'be quick..')..and nobody queuing at the gate. Apparently, it was delayed to 1920. And this time for real, 1920 boarding and at about 2200 I touched down at LCCT. And I must say, that flight was the most soft-landed, time consuming touch down I ever experienced with AirAsia. Dunno kudos or damn shall be the good word for it.

No comments: