Friday, March 10, 2006

ONCE...night shift

The past 3-4 weeks has been a hectic time for my wife. Especially last week and this week. The presentation and demo to CEO has put tremendous pressure on the team to ensure everything is OK! Furthermore, the CEO wants to see the report from actual data...meaning the people need to use the system start March 1. And as she needs to go to office during weekends, I'll babysit the children. And this week, Monday and Tuesday, I went home earlier than usual. Ermm...last Wed/Thu/Fri also if I'm not mistaken. But, Tuesday was the worst I can say. Shit happens and the team need to rectify the problems. And she needs to wait for them to rectify for her to test and key-in data for demo. Worsen as I also have some things to do for IGM and have another discussion after that.

So, I arrived home around 3.30 am, get my daughter to sleep, freshen-up myself. Next thing I know, Subuh already. She went back at 5.30 am. Then, she got half-day break after the presentation. And it is confirmed that they're moving to KL Sentral next year. Waa...since we're also debating to move there...guess it's a good thing. NO?!! From PA to Bangsar..? Who gonna look after the kids, who gonna pick them up ? Move to Suasana ?! If got money, no problem! But, she doesn't like apartment. And, I prefer not to raise my children in KL (don't ask me why!). But, let see how things move. Still plenty of time to think it over.

Talking about my wife's work this week...it reminds me about something that I've been pondering for a couple of weeks. When people do love what they do, they'll do the best and to certain extend, do whatever it takes to ensure the delivery is good and of high quality. But, when there's no love anymore..or perhaps..focus changed, liking changed or preferences changed, those quality kinda dropped. It's not like what it used to be before. Eventhough I tried to understand that people are excited about pursuing new things, but don't drop the standards lah. It reflects the image and perhaps the reputation and impression. High regards that people have, probably has been reduced. Emm...no, reduced would be too bad. But dissappointed to some people that expecting to see quality products (still) when the days are counting. Personal BRANDING is at stake here!

Talking about personal branding, really has to skip the seminar this morning. Need to focus on the slides for president next week. Hope it'll turn out good.

p/s: my wife still in the office...and i'm still waiting :D

No comments: