Friday, October 05, 2007

ONCE...hebatnya dugaan (day of great challenges) #1

4th Oct was full of colors for me. From morning till night. My fuel level is quite alarming already, but to maintain my reputation of being at least 5 minutes early for my meeting, I decided to refuel at Putrajaya. Went to office just to print the EOT letter.

Arrived as planned (with good parking spot as well). Then, I saw all the team members at the lobby. Waiting for their transport ?! They're going for site visit to tenderers' premises for ISP tender. I don't feel good already because they didn't inform me. The meeting might be cancelled and I may not have to rush. However, they said PD is in the office. I went up and aeida mentioned that PD is in a meeting. But his PA told me that PD asked me to wait for him.

So oklah, I waited till 10.30. Just the 2 of us ! It was very cordial..he joked, we laughed..he even "aku-kau" with me. Kinda strange for a person who used to be very hard on me in the beginning. Anyway, meeting went well. Objectives achieved; finalized the DB design so can start create the DB next week, and signed the EOT letter indicating agreement to extend the handover date. I felt good ! Mission accomplished !

This started went wrong after that. Back in the office at noon, got respond from my GM disapproving my request for ITSQB training. Eventhough my justification is for the good of company (and the nation), and that our internal SW Dev team dees not have influencing and authority level over the Koreans, he does not agree with me. Asked me to withdraw !

As I'm speculating on how to respond (believe me..it sounded very nasty), my boss called to see me. It's about the ISP tender, "all fingers are point at us", she said. I admitted that it's all my fault and I'm very aware of why it happened that day. But to maintain my relationship with Jai (yeah...the typical malay side of me..shoot !), I don't want to disclose that. I'm being over-confident, perfectionist and ego (perhaps), I didn't asked his help to speed up the process. My assumption (yeah..yeah..I know !) was since we're kinda winning tean in ICMS, we should have same understanding already. But, my alter ego who don't want to question me, caused me dearly.

<>

No comments: