Wednesday, October 31, 2007

ONCE...work is great (?)

Had my review session with my boss last week. All went well. I know the fact that some colleague were asking the partner on what's happening with the project. Indicating that the project was not progressed at all, and asked them to push me to get it move.

Kinda funny because they're not involved in the project. Am still can't digest why they did that. And this afternoon, we're discussing on contract terms and target for signing next week. Then, we chat. All of the sudden, he came ! And start giving his lame excuse of his not important thus the partner don't wanna see him, only wanna see the PM. Following that, he start asking me about the status of the project. In his serious face ! What ? Do I report to you ?!!

Anyway, being polite...I shared the status. Everything is fine, works in progress, etc. Then, he start asking the partner about some pricing cos he needs to see where he can pull the budget from and stuff like that. I just let it be as I'm doing all those. If he wanna do it (or are doing it now), unless he updates me, I won't bother to act on it. It shall be under PM's hands and it's in good hand. Customer are fully aware of where we are and where we are heading.

I do feel bored with this shitty politics, wanna show that somebody is really doing the work..or rather (as he usually quote to me) "seing" doing the work, "seing" busy. I believed more in results. Of course efforts means alot as well, but you just do your work as you supposed to. Whether people sees it or not, I couldn't care less. As long as am happy doing the work, customer is happy, management is happy with the progress and end results...all those #$&%@ (whatever name/title it is for such attitude) can just GO TO hmm...wherever best for them ;-)

No comments: