Sunday, October 07, 2007

ONCE...hebatnya dugaan (day of great challenges) #2

So, my boss asked me to email her, telling the whole truth about what happen and the hindsight. She'll take it from there. To my disappointment further went I traced the system...my last submission was at 11.18 *sigh*. Well, I did admit my mistakes right...that's just another strong prove of that.

It's almost 3 when we finished. I went for my meeting. Just realized as I preparing this post, there's another disappointment while waiting for the team members to start the meeting. I arrived 5 minutes before the meeting, setup projector, slides, etc. First person came at 3.05. OK not that bad. The rest..? I have to called each one of them reminding about the meeting and asking whether they're coming or not. To me like...WTF ?!!! Why don't they just be aware of their meeting, when and where ?! Why does it everytime we need to call and remind ?! Ergh !!!!

My meeting started 20 minutes late. It went well I must say. Conclude an hour later. I wanna rush to Dynasty Hotel to get a copy of the floor plan from LP. But, Dr Sulaiman told me that he's already on his way to Putrajaya and he forgotted to leave the copy at Dynasty. I told him I'll collect it at Putrajaya the next day. Settled !

4.45 I've packed, prayed and moved out from office. Need to rush to Darby Park for TeAM's meeting, where I will present the game plan for NGEP. Federal highway jammed like normal. I believed my fuel can still last me at least until Petronas Bangsar. However, right in-front of EPF, my car died. Tried to restart but failed as well. So, I used all my power to push the car to the side (forgot: my car was at the fast lane). Heavy man ! Suddenly it became very light and easy, someone assisted me at the back (thanks man !). Me being engine-no-expert guy, dunno what to do. Called Lan to ask him any ideas on what could be wrong ? Lastly, I decided, leave the car (it was packed in-front till MidVally and back which I dunno where it might started) and go to Darby Park in public transport.

I believed it's be hell to get a taxi at that time. Saw RapidKL bus to CM (yeay !!!). As I line-up, then I realized that I only have RM 50 notes (arghh !!!). I frozed, so I let the guy behind me to go first. Coins also not enough. Then I realized my TnGo and it can be used in the bus !!! Really a convenience TnGo I must say.

LRT to Ampang Park, it was 6.30 by then. I settled my Citibank first, and am lucky that Alliance Bank was just in the neighbourhood as well. So 2 done ! 2 to go ! Arrived at Cradle's office at 6.45. Meeting started, no problem :D until 8.30. Johan shared with me normally the authority will tow the car. Obsructing traffic. And I didn't leave my number on the dashboard ! I wanna pray to Him but somehow kinda ashamed. But, had to pray and asked His assistance. No choice what !

My presentation started at 8.45, went well. Matt shared an idea on the insentive. Johan asked about conflict of interest. Can't be declared internally, but I'll do the work after office hours. Then Chris told me, "come and work for me lah...and you can do NGEP full time". "And still get the pay ?" I asked. "That can be arranged" he replied. Hehehe...what a generous offer. I thanked everybody for that, and shared what happened to me in the office and finally being offered like that, I'm very flattered and it does make my day.

And I thought Chris was joking. After the meeting, while waiting for Lan to fetch me, I had a drink with Chris & Dr Siva. And they all kinda started selling about the co to me. I never think of moving from MB and looking at all the MB's outfits that I've and planning to buy, MB in my heart man. Anyway, out of politeness, I said I'll think about it. Just nice after that, Lan arrived.

Thank God ! At 10.30 pm my car was still there hehehe ! He called his bro-in-law. Oh..my battery died as well because hazard light took lots of power. Waited for the battery, pomen coming. Few tontos were waiting at the bus stop trying to get some business from me. When the battery came, I thought "yes !" but instead "oh no..!". The car can't be started. While the pomen trying here and there, Lan arrived with RM 4 petrol. Put it in, still can't start. So, I went with Lan to get more petrol..and with various type of bottles, manage to get RM 8 petrol. Put it in, start then chaos. I asked why ? The pomen didn't manage to secure himself (tak sempat) from the fuel coming from the engine. Lucky didn't hit his eyes. Put everything in place back...and my engine roamed again :D. Alhamdulillah ! The moral of the story was, DO NOT LEAVE YOUR CAR WITH EMPTY FUEL...REGARDLESS OF WHAT THE INDICATOR SAYS !

Pack everything, then went for a drink with the team. Thank you guys, really appreciate all the help. Arrived home at 4 am and shared everything with my wife during sahur. Really challenging ! My patience was tested to the fullest ! My faith was tested as well ! But at the end, I really really thankful to Him for all the tests and results because every test is to bring us to the next level. He will not test you unless you're capable of handling it !

No comments: