Wednesday, February 15, 2006

ONCE...time with BDM

Spent almost 45 minutes with him. Started with discussion on potential projects, then extended to his problems. Lots of effort but still no (or rather very little) sales coming in. He did practiced what he learnt yesterday morning at MDC during his visit at Palm Garden. And he manage to find how to solve one of his problems; Building Rapport! "What's annoying to me is when my gf told me that, apart from my close-friends, customers or office-mates not really like your friend", he said. In other words, he has very little friends.

From SalesDogs, one of Robert Kiyosaki's series, he is the Bulldog type.

   Me   :   When you come in here, what do u understand from my body language ?
   Him  :   err...get out of here..don't bug me now...
   Me   :   Then, what did u do ?
   Him  :   After I start talking, then you listen and we start talking la..
   Me   :   See, you're Bulldog type as categorized in SalesDogs. You have no problem in dig-crash, cold-calling, and when people show that they don't want you there, you still bulldoze and make your way thru. So, when people start entertain you after all that, it could be 2 things; 1, they really interested to know more or 2, they will give you whatever you want as fast as possible so that they can get rid of you in no-time. hahahaha...


I told him that according to SalesDogs, the best salesperson is the one with mix of all breeds. So, he can maximize on the Bulldog, to open doors, create funnels, new contacts and stuffs, and learn new tricks from Golden Retriever or Basset Hound in building rapport. Need to start reading (Chihuahua). And for 28 years the Bulldog has become habit, it'll take time to get new habit(s) kicks-in. So, need to have something to remind you everyday.

Later after prayer, he wanna ask something (short one). I was listening till I yawn at one point. And he quickly, "..perhaps we discuss this some other time..". He probably pick-up my yawning as a sign of not interested or tired, then he don't want to bore me to death with it. Hehehe...forgot to correct him on that. Anyway, will chat with him again later...

Ahh..by the way, it's good to have my fav back...kinda missed that when **'s away.. ;-)

No comments: