Thursday, February 09, 2006

ONCE...office reform (4)

It's more than a month (5 weeks to be exact) since my last progress update. Really bad at reporting..or perhaps distracted with the disgraceful findings that leads to this. Or maybe the title doesn't really tell it's an update such as this one.

Today, I want to record my progress. Unlike Idris whose MAS activities are going in faster pace, mine seems like..uhmm..2 steps front and 5 steps back ?! I insist previously on full TS by February..any problems will be TM's problems (which actually, become my problems then). Since then, TS was flooded with soo many things (documents, specs, slides, late nights, etc). I've told TS to let BDM and the rest of Sales team know her work load. Make them aware and extra careful with datelines/commitment given to customers as they wanna respond faster, TS work becomes harder. This is the same statement that I gave TM previously.

We presented to JPN, and thank God they understand our requirement and will look into it. In the car, LC told me that she bursted at TM yesterday! Seems like TM is kinda lost touch or not aware/up-to-date with the things he has in hands, his team's activities and progress. LC bursted again this afternoon about IGM. Dev#1 (formerly Dev#2) will be going to Medan this Sat. But he doesn't know what he supposed to do when LC asked him and that got her mad! Then, some other things that she expected was not ready as well! So, basically triple madness laa...(sapa yg susah..? aku jugak !!!)

Before IGM's, I was upset to know that the 3 sales was at Museum SA implementation. But, there was no appointed PM as TM update me. They only came back around 4 plus! And when TS update me, ViMS installation was smooth, and that mean she's sitting there almost a day for..?!! Okey, she learnt Preface, but is that suppose to be priority #1 or train those 2 on installation of ViMS (which supposedly being done long time ago!), so that she can concentrate on other higher priority such as IGM? *sigh* There's no planning, as far as I'm concerned on the implementation of Museum!

So, the aftermath of all this problems, we called-off TS for now. TS will be AD#2 again. As IGM will be handle fully by us, she is the best person to manage that project. I've reprimanded TM for the chaos..aah..during that session, an email from KL Lib came. The hand-over was not done still ?!!! "I want to know the plan by tomorrow!"

The sales doesn't move as expected. BDM said the Prod Mgr is moving but I didn't see anything. We doubt..the plan is not convincing at all. Or rather the execution of their plan is not convincing. ABDM has her limitation which is understandable. LC & I need to go out to get sales as well. But with the situation like this in the office, how to go out ? "...go out, play golf." emm...seems like it'll be a looooooooong time before i can tee. Ahh...lastly, AD#2 (former TS) expressed her protest or unhappiness in sarcastical way. Sensed it when we were discussing on the problems with TM, right after she came back from Museum.

TM would need to make sure that all Tech are trained on Preface, IDWorks and printer. AD#2 to sit down with me & TM to discuss on all TS's pending items. I do hope TM aware of his roles & resp..need to buck-up, really improve and alert about situation. Really don't want to make any further unpleasant decision. Calling off TS, is really unpleasant to me.

No comments: