Wednesday, April 05, 2006

ONCE...jakarta

Went to Jakarta on Monday afternoon. Just 2 days, on social visit ticket..but actually for meeting. First one for my renewed passport! And first time using the LCCT!

It's almost a year since my last visit to Jakarta. Pretty much the same. Just that this time when the taxi goes up to one of the flyover (the tallest..got three layers of FO), I'm "gayat" (Acrophobia-fear of height). Funny though..as I used to do repelling from 8th floor from UiTM Menara, but yet..*sigh*. Later I concluded that perhaps repelling, it's me whose in-control. But this one, the taxi driver. Same goes when Fuad drove me at Puncak Jalil!

Unlike Malaysia, lots of unusual view in Jakarta. The poverty level, people that do odd jobs to make a living, be it good or bad jobs, safe or risky, you name it. Got a chance to see life-demo as well (for the newly revised labor law)..but that delayed my meeting for 1/2 hour.

I tend to love going to Jakarta, but I love my family and Malaysia better. There's no place like Malaysia man !!! Going for days trip for working (mostly..haven't got a chance for pleasure yet) is fine..hopefully won't happen that need to be there for weeks or months. But then, who knows. The discussion has spilt over from IGM to other potential business with my co. Who knows, rezeki there :D !

No comments: