Friday, September 29, 2006

ONCE...life, money can't buy !

Arm called before break-fast sharing with me on an opportunity with quite a lucrative deal. So good to be true and damn hell difficult to resist. Roughly; >RM10k net with 30% goes to my wife & 20% to Tabung Haji. But, that's not all. The best part was: they'll settle all my debts !!! So, that we don't have any worries while doing the work.

So, I met him last nite to know more. Especially, what's the catch (there's no free lunch bro !). So, here's the catch: 24 x 7 operations, shift working hours, however, after ur shift, u're on standby mode..response time in 2 hours ! And response time here is not like our standard SLA; response = phone call at least. This one is in the office within 2 hours after the call ! Crazy eh ?!

Meaning; no raya, no balik kg, no shopping, no holiday, no leisure, nothing !!! My instinct before going there was right. Whoever take the job, will become a highly paid slave. Of course, the argument, it's the same kinda job that we do. Late nights, weekends and sometimes during holidays. But, at least to me, I'm in control over my life. Not dictated by someone or something. All the packages are to make you obliged, and setting ur target on the carrots. Ohh..forgot to mentioned. It's was for a f*****ng 5 YEARS contract !

Nah, I'm not going to waste my life like that. 3 years in Dubai would still be ok ;). Right Joe ? (weh..bila daa.. )

No comments: