Wednesday, January 18, 2006

ONCE...Career TALK

I was invited by my friend from INPENS to give a Career Talk which I put it as "Are you IT ?!!!". It's quite tough as I run through the courses offered. How do these Certificate holders going to get job in this competetive and tough ICT world ? Looking at this, I said "..there's no opportunity at all for you guys. With this, I end my presentation. Thank you." Well...they do understood that it was a joke.

I told them that their prospect would be out of Klang Valley; Sabak Bernam, Hulu Langat, Tg Karang for Selangor among others or Kedah, Perlis, Kelantan & Terengganu. They can make money there. Being an entreprenuer there to create job opportunities for all the degree holders! Suggested to my friend to revamp the syllabus, put in new tools that are highly sought after in the market such as .NET & more advanced Java programming. Databases, software development methodologies, etc. But, INPENS need to get on its feet. New courses, updated syllabus and most importantly, NEW LOCATION ! Pity that they're the victim or results of TOP MGMT directions. The real pity is to the students. 2nd grader SPM leavers but still eager to improve/better themselves, Selangorians..but the TOP doesn't really bother about that. All that matters is their POCKET & POLITICAL stability!

I'll assist my friend with inputs on the syllabus (whether he want to use it or not, i'm going to bug him still!). Hope they can survive and do better. For the betterment of my young Selangorians, I'll do my best based on my capacity in this field, to assist. Insya-Allah !

No comments: