Wednesday, January 04, 2006

ONCE...Staffs' Appraisal 2005

Today, continued with AD#2 & Dev#1. Had with AD#1 yesterday. What I would want to post here (after yawning few times reading the SOA articles), is the findings today about being Malayanized!

I was accused of execising favoritism. It's so annoying that they saw the "F" (for favourite) person, always come to my room, chit chat (on what they don't know and don't care)..what they saw was this "F" person is KISSING-MY-ASS for some recognition & to get "F" messages across or synch with me. WTF ?!!! I said:

   Me : "if you guys don't wanna come here and have a chat with me, and "F" came and chat with me, why am I at fault ?! There're other person also that came to me, TM, AD#2, BDs, for example, and why with "F" its different ?"
   X : "Because mostly in meetings or discussions, you WILL agree on whatever "F" said!"
   Me : "But, during pre-strategic planning, I did agree with you and withdrew "F" idea! I am exercising (learning still) true professionalism in this company. Our problem is that we have been MALAYANIZED ! How you asked ? When you didn't speak-up for the truth ? Enquiring to know more to clear your conscience ! Assumed too much ! Make negative assumption and never bother to get it clarified or justified to move the grudge ! You step-back from wanting to know the real truth because obliged by motherly approach and tone from CEO during Strategic Planning ! You should have ask it there and then, rather than point it out here again."

After the Strategic Planning, now is the time, to EXECUTE ! No more looking back, to hold...may look back to learn then MOVE ON ! The best part (I don't know) to me was to know that someone called me "B**I punya boss !", because of that favouritism perception. For now, I'm still smiling about that remark...and yet to figure out what and how to respond to it. Maybe, as they suggested "Go out and play golf, network with all those Datuks or whoever, catch bigger fish !"...so the "F" wouldn't be the FIRST to come to my room anymore, whenever I entered my room. Then, they won't see any more BUTT-KISSING action or FAVORITISM for that matter.

SUCH A b#*&@?#$ TYPICAL MALAY THINKING ! GOD BLESS ME PLEASE !!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Haizam, I have been visiting sites for hours and I really like what you have done with your blog. Informative and interesting! In fact I found your site just after
I visited consulting
It's not exactly what I was looking for but it was nonetheless interesting to read.